ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: canvas options

canvas options

I have iPad 3 and the newest ArtRage. I can't access options for then canvas.

How do I find the settings they tell me about....grain, texture, color, etc?

Open the layers panel. Tap the menu buttom at the bottom right, choose 'canvas settings', or when creating a new painting, choose a canvas by tapping 'presets' then you can change the grain, colour and roughness at the bottom. See the canvas settings section under Files in Help for more information.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Open the layers panel. Tap the menu buttom at the bottom right, choose 'canvas settings', or when creating a new painting, choose a canvas by tapping 'presets' then you can change the grain, colour and roughness at the bottom. See the canvas settings section under Files in Help for more information.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.
    Thank you Dave. That worked fine. I'm just starting and having quite a few problems. While I have your attention, why is it sometimes when I try to start painting on a new canvas all I get it a flash of an eye with an X under it and then nothing. Occasionally, I can start painting.

What's wrong?

That icon indicates that at some point you have hiudden the layer. ArtRage prevents painting on hidden layers ( because you wouldn't be able to see the paint ). This will have happened when you had the layers panel open. Open the layers panel and to the right of the current layer is an eye icon. Closed = hidden. Tap it once if this is the case to unhide the layer again.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    That icon indicates that at some point you have hiudden the layer. ArtRage prevents painting on hidden layers ( because you wouldn't be able to see the paint ). This will have happened when you had the layers panel open. Open the layers panel and to the right of the current layer is an eye icon. Closed = hidden. Tap it once if this is the case to unhide the layer again.
    Thanks Dave. That worked. Pretty soon I'll be able to start drawing!