ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Resize A Painting

Resize A Painting

Hi guys,

I am currently painting a picture of The Hulk. Initially, I wanted to do a portrait, but now I want to add in his upper body too. Any ideas on how I can do this? I'm guessing I need to cut and resize it and paste into a new canvas but this may not be the best way.

Any help is appreciated.

In AR Studio Pro, go to Edit>Crop/Expand the Canvas. Type in the new dimensions, and drag on the thumbnail of the existing image to position it where you want it in the resulting image. Make sure to uncheck "Preserve Original Aspect" before typing in a new value, otherwise changing one value will change the other as well, which you may not want if you're only extending the canvas height-wise.
    Last edited by ScottC; 07-09-2012 at 06:45 AM.
    Hearts of Space
    The only thing I put in my ears while working.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    In AR Studio Pro, go to Edit>Crop/Expand the Canvas. Type in the new dimensions, and drag on the thumbnail of the existing image to position it where you want it in the resulting image. Make sure to uncheck "Preserve Original Aspect" before typing in a new value, otherwise changing one value will change the other as well, which you may not want if you're only extending the canvas height-wise.

Fantastic! Thankyou