ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Are the sushi 's...

Are the sushi 's...

Are the sushis great in Wellington NZ

Best,

Weeks

Why this question

Well, ... We (my wife and i) plan to move there 5 months a year

Buying a house, and of course... Eating sushi's...

Best,

Weeks

Nothing I can answer really. But since nobody seems to have a comment, I would have to say it's very likely, although I think the kind of city it is would be the main factor, and your neighborhood and so on. It's likely a good place because NZ is an island and islands tend to have superb sea food. And it's not that far from Japan, globally speaking.

But more to your point, have a wonderful summer resort. With the economy being as bad as it is, it does benefit people with some extra money and I suspect that you made a groovy choice. If you don't take advantage of plein aire painting, it'll be sad. Swizerland and NZ both -- lots of potential for landscapes. And you can probably get ArtRage hot off the grill!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Makes me a bit envious. It sure looks beautiful there. And I would love to get fresh baked, grilled or fried ArtRage.
    Not sure about eating Sushi in that part of the world. I stopped eating sushi.
    You could try this one.

http://www.menumania.co.nz/restauran...-japanese-cafe
    Last edited by screenpainter; 07-11-2012 at 03:39 PM.

One thing that struck me when I moved to NZ from the UK was the profusion of Japanese restaurants here. I'm guessing our proximity to Japan is partially to blame. We're replete with them, and they are very good quality, so I think you'll find something good.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks Guys, for the reply,

Well, Switzerland is a wonderful place to live. My family's wife is from there and from France. So, we decided to move there, kids and wife, almost 10 years ago.
    But i don't know why, something obsesses me about NZ ?

We have friend in Australia but NZ, with the landscapes, nature, sea, is fascinating me very much, and it's not about Lords of the Rings .

I have a good friend of mine, a writer who is from London and who lives very close to my place. He went very often to NZ, Wellington and he told me how much this place is peaceful. All i'm looking for.

We didn't take our decision yet, but we would like to visit the country and see by ourselves. The prob, I hate airplanes

About the sushis, well, when i was living in Paris, in the 80', sushis was quite rare, but very delicious. It became for me a passion and since, it became an industry... Whaarfff !!
    Here, in CH, it's complicated because of the fact that we don't have seas around the country

D Akey, not that far from Japan... But Fuku was a pity...
    Anyway, your advices are great.

ScreenPainter, i didn't want to make you envious, but thank you for the link.

MattRage, i guess it's because japanese food became a must all over the world, but we have a prob with fish. To much fishing, not enough fish for everyone.
    That being said, the good reason we could decide to organize our implantation to NZ during a part of the year and if the NZ authorities would agree our project, is the peaceful place it seems to be.
    More, during these hard times which are front of us... Would it be a place to "live freely and safety" !

Best,

Weeks

Interesting question. Who knows why so much of the oceans are losing fish populations. I suppose we could blame it partly on the TV miniseries Shogun about medieval Japan starring Richard Chamberlain run in the 70s as it took us by storm and was what I observed as having lit the fire over here in the USA for all things Japanese including sushi.

Another part may be cooking shows. But certainly we have somewhat high tech fishing with sonar and all that jazz, not to mention so many people on the planet, each one eating. And there's of course pollution of all kinds in the waters. When I was in the Philippines I flew over lots of fish netted bays for farms, I would guess. That's sensible.

But the big question for me was CH being Switzerland as you mentioned (I did not know this - had thought it was for Chile). Anyway, I looked it up and this link takes the uninitiated on a meandering ramble that only a Roman historian like Caesar could enjoy. But it's illuminating.

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...or-switzerland

Anyway, you are living out a dream I had back in high school to emigrate to NZ. . . possibly for the reasons you mentioned about it being peaceful. Enjoy it! And blessings on your trip(s) and new home(s).
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream