ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Re do of Mars scape

Re do of Mars scape

I just hope this one isn't to swishy lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mars surface 1a.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	236.2 KB 
ID:	68457

Excellent !

Best,

Weeks

Saw some pictures like these on the News this morning, great work Cartuneman
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

dramatic and engaging and not the least bit swirly-swishy..stark and brilliantly colored... hope you client is happy... ( although I like the first one the best )...

Beautiful colors CM really like it a lot

Allow me to bow to all you wonderful artist of the rage and humbly say thank you for your comments. OH, and gxhpainter I hope so too. I sent this one for approval but haven't heard a peep. I too liked the 1st one but the dramatic isn't quite the feel they were looking for... The editor said More stark and cold, baron, yet visually intriguing.....I hope I did that.... Sometimes it is hard as an artist not to want to interject what you think someone may like or want. Especially when doing art work for publication. Just gotta know when to hold them or fold them......You also gotta be careful these days doing work like this cause you could be standing there with empty pockets and a bunch of art work that didn't sell.

Glad to see You in such a creative burst! Powerful mars-scape!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Yeah. You did it.

Well, one of the primary skills a commercial artist needs to do is to be able to read minds. If they have anything in mind at all, which sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, you have to manage to inspire them and make them feel a part of the creative process. They need to know you're in their camp. . . because all these jobs, every one of them up and down the line, bring their own level of insecurity. And you are between them and their fear. So when you're out for a ride with them driving, come in shouting "I GOT SHOTGUN!" and bring a good shotgun to protect their ass. . .er. . .bum. . . all the while letting them know it's a lark on the trip for them and a great sure thing in the final analysis.
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-10-2012 at 03:10 PM. Reason: correction
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

thank you so much Caesar and Alex lol Mr. D the proof is in the pudding so to speak.....I sent it on to the author and niether the publisher nor I have heard a peep and it's been 4 days......the tension mounts.