ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it...

Isn't it...

Amazing. Four guys from New Zealand, with a little help from their friends, managed to create not only an amazing program but an entire worldwide community. It nearly defies the imagination. They risked a lot in their belief that this might succeed. That alone deserves accolades. One of them put it out there once so, I think I can repeat it: They put their mortgages on the line for this. We, this community, must never forget that these guys live this program and this forum. We are incredibly lucky to have a team like this working with us and, by their efforts, helping us to become better artists.
    My heartfelt thanks to all of the ArtRage team, including those of you who work behind the scenes. I know your names don't get put out there but I also know that you are an important part of this.

I wholeheartedly second that sentiment.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Me too....................I had AR when it was just a free program but I can't remember if it was called ArtRage..........??????????????????????????? Anyone know?
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

I don't know all of the history, but I am very appreciative to them for opening up a new ,wonderful experience to me . Learning & love the program and so enjoy the forums !

Adding my accolades and thanks for the software geniuses who brought us ArtRage.
    thanks to Andy, and Matt and Dave and all the ArtRage team for the best painting and drawing software out there anywhere.
    there is so much more depth in this program than the many out there today. with ArtRage you don't just paint on top you
    soak into the canvas or paper and react with it. Probably can't ever thank you enough for all the hours you labor for us to bring us the best
    there is in art software. and I can and do use photoshop and SBP and Painter , but nothing... nothing, compares to ArtRage. and the reason
    why is your hours and hours of work and your dedication to the ideal of software that makes art and your love for art and artists. Thank you. Thank you.

Absolutely brilliant, thanks guys
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hey Pinckney, I don't know the party line on it, but as my thoughts had gone parallel to yours way back when, I simply went with the idea of "Rage" as in "It's all the rage". Plus it has a sort of extreme sports kind of vibe as well that was in use for a while like 'Rad' the more short exclamation which came from 'Radical, Dude' but whithout sounding like it's from the stoned sounding surfer in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" around the vintage of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" so on. I mean it was sorta Vitality driven Pop Cultural Cinema/TV/Comics/Youth/California/Sketeboard/BMX Biking/Riding the Wave, etc. with a touch of that saying from the 1920s "all the rage". That's my surmise.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Peter, I too started with the free version thinking it might be something fun for my g-kids to play around with and having no idea that it would re-awaken the artist in me while becoming an addiction. (I'll give you ten francs is you can diagram that sentence.)

Akey, you slay me.

@Peter It was called ArtRage back in 2006 in free version and start of the forum chats I read.