ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July garden Fairy

July garden Fairy

now off to paint the bathroom ......wish I could use art rage to do that chore...... hope you all like this one?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sweet garden fairy 2  reduced copy.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	326.2 KB 
ID:	68450

You know mate... you make it all look so simple, the lighting, the simple strokes... I could go off you.

thanks Fraser, lol I used about ever tool on the old program to create this.....Then I exported it over to photoshop and added lighting effects....it gave me fits to begin with cause when I originaly painted this I had about 4 different sources of light. It drove me nuts for a few weeks trying different things to get this to look right. ...it was kinda by dumb luck that it looks this way cause I had double clicked on the lighting effects in photoshop and this is how it turned out. So, I left it that way and I'm sticking to it lol thanks for commenting !

Brilliantly done Cartuneman, the lighting is fantastic. We must have been on the dame sort of wavelength as I am posting a fairy one too.
    Your fairy has a beautiful face and I really like the flowers around her
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

always

Always so worth the wait, John, to see your next work.

Lol coops....thank you for your kind comments..wanna know a lil secret? I was working on this last night and around 1 am I fell asleep at the computer with my stylus in hand and what ever I did in my sleep I a had some how made a streak down the Fairy's side When I woke up later I didn't see what I had done till I got up this morning and went to finish the painting lol....... I had made a long green stroke down her side well instead of backing up I added leaves and vines all over her hahahaha worked.... glad you liked it

John, this is such a beautiful scene. I too love the lighting and overall magical feel to this precious little fairy and the fairy lights about her. Great work as always!

John what a kick I love your story of the struggle you went through, us amateur painters often wrongly think that works of this quality just flow out with little effort...your wit and honesty is an encouragement and well appreciated.. This is really a stunning piece..

This is so lovely, so nicely thought out, I guess now you will have to think of a way to transpose it onto the bathroom wall.
    Geoff

Beautiful painting. I really am amazed at your ability.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present