ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: River scene ...

River scene ...

... AR iPhone w/oil brush ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 07-07-2012 at 02:25 AM.
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Hi Pete River bank as seen from my canoe in the autoum Yeah .............Slainte

My gosh chinapete, I am really liking your art, love the colors and textures, it is amazing that you do this on your iphone

... hey eighty+, I used to think your name referred to your advanced age, but now I know it's a creativity speed limit, which you daily exceed ...

.. hi pat, I have to say you deserve partial credit for this painting, as its color scheme was prompted by your "Spit and Polish," which put me in the middle of a heat wave in the frame of mind of autumn ... the rest of the credit goes to one of the Ruisdaels, because this river scene is a blatant rip-off of a large detail from one of their paintings ...

... about the iPhone, it can be a good platform for at least preliminary work if not full production, but it lacks the full complement of tools -- for example, watercolor is missing -- and it could be developed further ... if Apple comes out with a larger screen for the iPhone or a reduced screen for the iPad, I'll probably switch to one of those, assuming AR is robust enough on the platform ...
    Last edited by chinapete; 07-07-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: editing for clarity
    Artrage Gallery

love this thread.. and the art isn't bad either...

[QUOTE=chinapete;415426]... hey eighty+, I used to think your name referred to your advanced age, but now I know it's a creativity speed limit, which you daily exceed ...

Yeah pete I try to make up fof the 70 years I missed. Ok

Love the colours and the gentle feeling this painting give, I can see lots happening on this riverbank
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Chinapete, I am so happy that my spit and polish pleased you enough to inspire this wonderful painting, and I really got a chuckle about your story of your speech, thankyou

thanks all ... pat, I see that when I added the bit about the iPhone, I dropped the anecdote about the "polish" and "Polish" ... alexandra, you know, it may look like watercolor, but it is done with the oil brush, since AR on the iPhone has no watercolor tool, a perennial complaint of mine ...
    Artrage Gallery