ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while! Some new work...

1. It's been a while! Some new work...

Hi,

Been ages (years?) since I last posted here.

Anyway, here's a little montage of stuff from an on-going project. All produced in Artrage and Photoshop.

Thanks for looking.

ACD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	acd_2012.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	232.0 KB 
ID:	68335  

2. one more from this set...

Name:	acd122.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	68338  

Andy, thanks for the update. Great to see your work. Looks like your studio has been very busy. Phenomenal work! Also The Thing by Forsaken is truly beautiful inside the game. A work of art.

Fantastic work, hope you stay around acd

Superior Images !
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

They're all stunning fantasy landscape of a sort of hyper-reality! Unbelievable outcomes, the best professional level I'd say.
    I would be curious to know what do You use Photoshop and Artrage for and if You use pictures to help setting up the composition. I think Your technique must be as much amazing as Your outcomes!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

8. Thanks for such kind words all of you :-)

Caesar - I've attached a section of one of the paintings at full-resoloution to give you an idea of how they are put together.

For this piece, the sky was composed from about 5 or 6 different photos which I composited together in Photoshop. I then worked over this in Artrage, tweaking the shape of individual clouds, adding highlights etc.

A small area of the sea began as a photo, which I extended by painting in Artrage.

Everything else - the ship, the landscape, buildings etc was hand-painted in Artrage.

Finally the whole image was taken back into Photoshop for final colour-correction, adding effects like lens-flare etc.

So the final result is approx 20% photo, 80% painting. This ratio varies from piece to piece. The jungle vista with the pointy mountains for example is 95% paint. The fortress on the snow mountains is more like 40%.

Often I'll begin with a small photo, occupying say 20% of the canvas then extend it with painting to create something new. The important thing is to use any photo reference to your advantage, but NOT to let it dictate the final work.

ACD

Name:	detail.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	239.9 KB 
ID:	68361  
    Last edited by acd; 07-05-2012 at 09:23 PM.

My heartfelt thanks for Your visually supported explanation and congratulations again from Your mastery, versatile talent and multiple skills!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

splendid work i like very much
    Visit my website here