ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He Walks Here and There....

He Walks Here and There....

Skylar has given me the middle earth bug.
    I hope you enjoy my Gandalf in the wood.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So very nice Sandy, paint, paint paint, so good for the soul

It looks like we got the same disease from Skylar, each one its own way though, depending on our immunitarian system I guess. You're one is very artistic and produces really marvellous illustrations, mine only crazy, parodic drawings ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Love it...fantastic work you did on the grass !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Sandy.. this is really amazing.. the mix of unusual colors and realism really add to the magical quality.. they are blended together so well nothing jars the eye or looks out of place...

So much to look at Sandy in this great painting
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Ah, Gandalf. . .

Nice image. Makes one want to head along behind him just to see what he gets up to when he isn't directing hobbits and balroging it up in the caves. . . He's so well traveled, he has to know the best places to eat. Should perhaps do a travel log with him as the host. . . Middle Earth Through the Back Door. . . I suspect they could probably get Ian McKellen. . .
    but I digress. . . Rick Steves would sue. . .

On the other hand, this pic is really cool.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Maybe I'm wrong, but now I see also another possible profound metaphore and meaning in this painting ...

Yes indeed dear Pat, it keeps me grounded.~O~

I wish I could draw as well as you dear Cesare. Your political satires and other comics are so well drawn and clearly effortless with a perfect blend of simplicity and sophistication to be enjoyed by varying intellects-even the slow ones like myself. There is always fun there, and I think most of all people want to enjoy art. We have so many talented people here, and it is so nice to see artists not so conceited, sharing work, and encouraging others all at the same time such as yourself.
    My things-well-are rarely planned and like a box of chocolates...you never know what you are going to get. I am totally in it for the fun and surprise of it all.

Thanks so much dear Steve. I love to use the pen on a sharp point and on a 2 thinness. I am so pleased you liked this one.

Thank you dear Gary. I appreciate your wonderful and kind replies dear mate.

Thank you dear Katie. I think I will work more of Gandalf. A little more detail I think is needed.

Haha, love it D Akey! I wish my husband would join this forum. I think you and he would be like a Robin Williams and Jonathan Winters duo on Johnny Carson. Very quick and witty and completely hilarious. Nothing like a good laugh to heal the soul. Thanks always dear D Akey for your wonderful comments!

Please explain Cesare...(I just hope it isn't something like my husband would write...such as "Behind the Tree" by I.P. Freely.) He was able to be home with me during this sad time, and his wit and humor kept me upbeat, focused, and positive, just as this forum often does.

... dear Sandra, actually I was thinking to some dearest person we don't see or meet anymore, but who's so much in our love and thoughts and part of a familiar environment around us or within us, that it seems we saw him going by around the corner, or from his back before he gets further or we feel him next to us, behind a tree, a curtain, in the garden, at home waiting for us to come back ... just fleeting visions, sensations and feelings we wish were true ... and maybe are so, even if we cannot swear on it and our perception is so unadequate.