ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spit and Polish

Spit and Polish

Done from a photo, oil and knife
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spit and Polish.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	185.1 KB 
ID:	68296  

Hi Pat, great oil painting much detailed. I like very much!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Thankyou Silvy, always appreciate you checking it out

4. A lovely piece Anyone who can use the knife effectively gets my admiration, and this is a really nice work besides.

Very well done.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

Yeah. . . don't remind me. I used to hate Sunday because I would have to polish my shoes. . .

Anyway, lots of nice textures, Pat! Occasionally, you might want to go in with a couple hotter highlights to shine it up, like on the glass and here and there, if it suits ya. There are some artists who do not go for that kind of look because they are after a softer, often nostalgic look. But seeing as it's me talking here, and I do highlights a lot, I'm just saying. A well placed highlight can blow your mind with how little it takes in describing a lifelike texture.

But this is sensational. I love it. I can almost place this time period and the kinds of sounds, smells, temperatures and world it existed in.

You have a great aptitude for selecting pictures that carry with them lots of charge. And you're zeroing in on painting them with a lot of voice yourself. Your taste is all an extension of you.

Nicely keyed to those colors. Very interesting lighting visually as a picture. It creates a very good framing for your elements.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is wonderful Pat, so much detail, I really think you should give lessons on your technique.
    Geoff

whaw very well done!!!!!! so realistic!.

WOW...I love it Pat !! Perhaps your best work to date...I am amazed at this one !!
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Great job Pat1940,
    Looking for more...

Best,

Weeks