ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Fingal's Cave ...

Fingal's Cave ...

... this is a one-off watercolor and oil I produced while testing out my new iPad ... there's a bit of an issue with the watercolor tool and I'm exploring work-arounds ... Anyway, Fingal's Cave was a popular source of Romantic painting and poetry, a sea-cave off the coast of Scotland ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 07-03-2012 at 10:14 AM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

nice work I like the super dark hues and the hint of warmth and safety in the reddish glow..

Spelunk powers "Activate!"

I say, Ali Baba? Is that you kid? Got a lamp?

On a trip through 'Copper Country' there was an abandoned mine, and as one can in such places, I experienced a total and complete lack of light. This pic of yours must be a little closer to the entrance. The concept and experience was fine as a novelty. Couldn't be repeated in my case because I had to drive a ways to get there. Might have been interesting as a sensory deprivation kind of thing if repeated or I was alone. Got in some faintly interesting things with my optical bits seeking around for something to process.

This painting is rather similar for me. For me it's a conceptual curiosity rather than an experience, that is trying to see if anything comes of it, like running into Gollum or discovering Radium or something.

So China Pete, I would say "Follow the light at the end of the tunnel. . ." but I'm pretty sure you're not yet ready for that bit of advice. Anyway it sounds like you're done with this cave and are off to other adventures.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

... thank you, fellow spelunkers ... D Akey, I'd follow you into that cave, but I'm afraid of the dark, except in painting, where I'm drawn to black like an old moth to an extinguished flame, hehe ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio