ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing in Grandma's Kitchen

Standing in Grandma's Kitchen

I have been working on this for a few weeks. The kitchen is based on my Mother's old house. Thomas Wolf wrote that you can never go home again. I know why - because it's not where you left it. We artists can almost go back. At least, in our works...
    2 layers. Impressionistic Oils. Orig working size appx. 3600x1800 pxls at 200 ppi.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Standing in Grandma's Kitchen (2k).jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	334.8 KB 
ID:	68237
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

yes!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Got to pay your dues if you want to paint the blues. . . or sepias considering there's a strong element of nostalgia in this.

Great expression. It reminds me a bit of the energy of Paul Newman in Hud. Different look to the guy, and a different story, but it's still the story of a character type in a universal kind of moment.

But like in the Hud world, this has a similar feel for me of separation in a farming/ranching kind of place, which in this case feels like he outgrew the place, or went in search of something else and found at least part of it. I've seen stunningly naturally beautiful people in some very out of the way places when I traveled the back roads of the USA in my own personal searching as a youth. He could be one of them. Most seemed to want to leave. And he seems to represent them all.

I really like what you said as your intention and comments with this. My observation is that you really hit it perfectly.

Great still life stuff on the counter. It really tells a story and puts me as if to bask in the smell of cooling long ago apple pies. You pulled me in as viewer right into the tone. I understand this guy's situation from the attention to details and tone of the work. Reads like a journal or diary.

Excellent, Skylar. Beyond anything you've ever done, and you've done some really good stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice my friend
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Nice job, looks like a scene from the fifties, well painted.
    Geoff

6. Nice work Skylar - Like it. Very relaxed yet controlled

Nice painting...sort of reminds me of my own grandma's kitchen...nostalgic
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Very well done

Love the self portrait. Such a strong figure. The kitchen is wonderful. Good job all around.

Love it. Great setting.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present