ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Water is life

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ravenna- Italy
    Posts
    2,548

    Water is life

    Done with thinned oil and knife from a photo of Save the Children's calendar.
    Thanks for looking.
    Hope you like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterislife.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	222.0 KB 
ID:	68170  
    Silvia Bandini

    Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    298
    Water, ple-e-ase!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Very direct and clear in intention. It's a good message.

    Keeping the palette simplified allows the painter to simply focus on the forms. It's pretty good overall. I think if you made the noses a little clearer, it would help. I'm not saying to feature them with lots of detail, but rather to keep it similar to the handling of the rest of the head, just a little more specific to describing the nose form. I would have to see the original you are painting from to know specifically. But that's a general thought based on looking at this.

    But, overall a very good painting that shows your generous heart very clearly, Silvy. Very nice work.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,942
    I like this one a lot...very well done Silvy :-)
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Englishman in Ont, Canada
    Posts
    3,729
    I like this the limited palette seems to work really well.
    Geoff

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Texas Hill Country
    Posts
    2,536
    A very well done, Powerful image. (Tho green is a "soft" color)
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Lacey, WA, USA
    Posts
    264
    I like it. Great message.
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, all you have is the present

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Rome (Italy)
    Posts
    24,113
    Loud and clear message! Brava!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ravenna- Italy
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladislav View Post
    Water, ple-e-ase!
    Yes Vladislav, please don't waste water. Thanks for viewing

    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Very direct and clear in intention. It's a good message.

    Keeping the palette simplified allows the painter to simply focus on the forms. It's pretty good overall. I think if you made the noses a little clearer, it would help. I'm not saying to feature them with lots of detail, but rather to keep it similar to the handling of the rest of the head, just a little more specific to describing the nose form. I would have to see the original you are painting from to know specifically. But that's a general thought based on looking at this.

    But, overall a very good painting that shows your generous heart very clearly, Silvy. Very nice work.
    Thanks dear D Akey, the original is on little calendar and now I have not scanner for show it.
    The problem is the excessive use white to create a wet look on the outlines....and lost details.

    Quote Originally Posted by semd74 View Post
    I like this one a lot...very well done Silvy :-)
    Thank you very much Semd

    Quote Originally Posted by limey-g View Post
    I like this the limited palette seems to work really well.
    Geoff
    Many thanks Geoff.

    Quote Originally Posted by L Skylar Brown View Post
    A very well done, Powerful image. (Tho green is a "soft" color)
    Thank you kindly Skylar

    Quote Originally Posted by GRSArts View Post
    I like it. Great message.
    Grazie mille GRSArts

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Loud and clear message! Brava!
    Grazie Cesare, in effetti un messaggio perfetto per questo periodo di 'calura'. Di acqua ne sprechiamo sempre tanta.
    Silvia Bandini

    Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    14,335

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •