ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: .ptg file is corrupted, need help recovering it!

Unhappy .ptg file is corrupted, need help recovering it!

Hello!

I have had a bit of a major catastrophe with some work I'm doing for a client - the file was on my laptop when I accidentally dropped the machine, and long story short, the file doesn't want to open properly in ArtRage. I can see it in the Windows thumbnail preview, but upon trying to open it the loading gets to approximately 99% before this flashes up:

"An error occurred on attempting to read/write data from/to a file stream.
    File = COMIC_V2b Layer = 31"

I assume the cause of the problem is this one layer that I saved data to after I dropped the laptop (and before the laptop completely refused to run anymore) Ironically I can still access this one lone layer if I try Importing the file, albeit as a flattened image (which is no major problem as the layer below is just sketch lines and I can easily remove them with layer effects) However I have absolutely no way to gain access to the rest of the layers, which is really bothersome.

If anyone can help me out with this I would thank you forever!!

That looks as if it's referencing a font (Comicv2b.ttf) so could it perhaps be the font itself that's corrupted? It might be worth trying to delete that font from your system and getting a new one to install.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryExo View Post
    That looks as if it's referencing a font (Comicv2b.ttf) so could it perhaps be the font itself that's corrupted? It might be worth trying to delete that font from your system and getting a new one to install.
    Nah, that's the filename, plus I haven't used any writing in the file yet.

That's a coincidence then. You named your painting the same name as a font!
    In that case I haven't a clue.