ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Painted Hills

Painted Hills

forgot I had not posted this...named after an area in Oregon near my home..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Painted Hills.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	488.1 KB 
ID:	68022  

Nice thick bold colorful style.

I like that. I like the colours and there is a great sense of motion to it, Wind maybe.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Your title fits perfectly with the painting. it's quite beautiful. the color palette is fantastic. love the woman's head in repose. accidental? it's great. kind of Klimt thing going on there.

Such interesting patterns

It must be amazing to watch you create. You get so many different effects. Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaseart View Post
    Nice thick bold colorful style.
    thanks..on occasion I like to get into bold patterns and colors

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    I like that. I like the colours and there is a great sense of motion to it, Wind maybe.

Brett
    Thanks Brett.. the painted hills are windswept and bits of weeds and sagebrush are always zipping on the in the air and on the ground...

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Always a pleasure to view your art...
    Kenmo..hey friend so good to hear form you again

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    Your title fits perfectly with the painting. it's quite beautiful. the color palette is fantastic. love the woman's head in repose. accidental? it's great. kind of Klimt thing going on there.
    Hey Albert been awhile since you have stopped by. I see the woman in repose but that is a happy accident.. glad you like the color palette a bit different for me. I liked the rich reds and creams so when I was composing the framing area I decided to go very light and pale which lets the colors of the painting seem even richer.. I think it worked well ..

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It must be amazing to watch you create. You get so many different effects. Very nice!
    yes I do lots of layers and layer merges, transforms, blending modes etc and over the years I have gotten to the point they are second nature and I barely think about I just compose and react to the current image... much the same way I used to paint with watercolors and acrylics..

Similar to the other one, this looks like it would be most welcome in a well decorated interior space.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Here it seems possible to see hills and a river, a more landscapy abstract. Colors are quite bold and the lines suggest that a lot of this place is outside the frame too ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Like the motion in this Gary, also the colors are so earthy which I love, as always enjoy viewing