ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: My friend Dani ( with update)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Englishman in Ont, Canada
    Posts
    3,729

    My friend Dani ( with update)

    Done for a friend, I find it so difficult sometimes to get the likeness just right of someone you know, unlike a fictitious character, the slightest miss alignment of an element in the face can really alter the appearance as does the use of shadows and colour to give the face the correct structure.Sure is a learning process.
    Geoff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dani3 copy.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	68010  
    Last edited by limey-g; 06-25-2012 at 02:15 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Matthews , NC
    Posts
    2,372

    Looks really nice to me

    I think you have done a very good job. The painting is lovely.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Prineville Oregon
    Posts
    6,179
    Geoff...a wonderful portrait, the rich colors play well against her skin tones.. you have painted a beautiful woman and since we don't know her this work definitely makes it own impression of character and personality... well done!!.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Englishman in Ont, Canada
    Posts
    3,729
    Thanks Marilyn & gxhpainter much appreciated.
    Geoff

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wilmington North Carolina
    Posts
    7,214
    Goeff, I know what you mean, I tried to paint my daughter but I felt like I had tunnel vision lol, you did a good job, much better than mine

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Englishman in Ont, Canada
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Geoff, I know what you mean, I tried to paint my daughter but I felt like I had tunnel vision lol, you did a good job, much better than mine
    Thanks Pat, I am glad it is not only me that finds this kind of work difficult, it is a good job we have layers that at least allows us to try things out on a duplicate layer, leaving the work so far untouched.
    Regards Geoff

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22,517
    Good one, Limey-G. You talk about perfect details being essential to likeness. It's true and I'll tell you one place that will make all the difference: If you straightened the hair on the far side of the neck where it comes into the jaw, you'll make it read better and more dimensionally. It's a small detail is all. Right now the curve implies a lack of dimension where the jaw and neck are on the same plane. On a copy, you may want to try that very slight change.

    Her face looks great.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    14,943
    This is beautiful Geoff and she is a beautiful lady, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

    My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Englishman in Ont, Canada
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Good one, Limey-G. You talk about perfect details being essential to likeness. It's true and I'll tell you one place that will make all the difference: If you straightened the hair on the far side of the neck where it comes into the jaw, you'll make it read better and more dimensionally. It's a small detail is all. Right now the curve implies a lack of dimension where the jaw and neck are on the same plane. On a copy, you may want to try that very slight change.

    Her face looks great.
    Thanks D Akey I really appreciate your critical look over my work and , I can see where you are coming from and I realized that something was not quite right there but could not identify the problem.
    Did some more work on it and it has made a difference.
    Kind regards.
    Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dani4.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	68039  
    Last edited by limey-g; 06-25-2012 at 02:26 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Englishman in Ont, Canada
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    This is beautiful Geoff and she is a beautiful lady, well done
    Thanks coops for your kind words ,Dani is a really nice person .
    Geoff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •