ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My friend Dani ( with update)

My friend Dani ( with update)

Done for a friend, I find it so difficult sometimes to get the likeness just right of someone you know, unlike a fictitious character, the slightest miss alignment of an element in the face can really alter the appearance as does the use of shadows and colour to give the face the correct structure.Sure is a learning process.
    Geoff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dani3 copy.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	68010  
    Last edited by limey-g; 06-25-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Looks really nice to me

I think you have done a very good job. The painting is lovely.

Geoff...a wonderful portrait, the rich colors play well against her skin tones.. you have painted a beautiful woman and since we don't know her this work definitely makes it own impression of character and personality... well done!!.

Thanks Marilyn & gxhpainter much appreciated.
    Geoff

Goeff, I know what you mean, I tried to paint my daughter but I felt like I had tunnel vision lol, you did a good job, much better than mine

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Geoff, I know what you mean, I tried to paint my daughter but I felt like I had tunnel vision lol, you did a good job, much better than mine
    Thanks Pat, I am glad it is not only me that finds this kind of work difficult, it is a good job we have layers that at least allows us to try things out on a duplicate layer, leaving the work so far untouched.
    Regards Geoff

Good one, Limey-G. You talk about perfect details being essential to likeness. It's true and I'll tell you one place that will make all the difference: If you straightened the hair on the far side of the neck where it comes into the jaw, you'll make it read better and more dimensionally. It's a small detail is all. Right now the curve implies a lack of dimension where the jaw and neck are on the same plane. On a copy, you may want to try that very slight change.

Her face looks great.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

This is beautiful Geoff and she is a beautiful lady, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Good one, Limey-G. You talk about perfect details being essential to likeness. It's true and I'll tell you one place that will make all the difference: If you straightened the hair on the far side of the neck where it comes into the jaw, you'll make it read better and more dimensionally. It's a small detail is all. Right now the curve implies a lack of dimension where the jaw and neck are on the same plane. On a copy, you may want to try that very slight change.

Her face looks great.
    Thanks D Akey I really appreciate your critical look over my work and , I can see where you are coming from and I realized that something was not quite right there but could not identify the problem.
    Did some more work on it and it has made a difference.
    Kind regards.
    Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dani4.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	68039  
    Last edited by limey-g; 06-25-2012 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coops View Post
    This is beautiful Geoff and she is a beautiful lady, well done
    Thanks coops for your kind words ,Dani is a really nice person .
    Geoff