ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Album leaf: Day Lily

Album leaf: Day Lily

... Auryn Inks for paper texture, AR oil brush, w/c and chalk on iPhone and iPad ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

CP - WOW a fantastic composition and the colors while in the natural realm are rich and evocative of the subject... this is one of my favorites!

gary, thanks!

... adding a rain-drenched pansy ...
    Artrage Gallery

beautiful composition and color.. I especially like the transparency and fluidity of these works as I know they are not easily done.

You certainly captured the colors, delicate texture and transparencies of petals here in a very discreet daylight.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

And here I was thinking of a Lily too dear ChinaPete. Mine not as lovely though. Beautiful brush strokes, texture, and calming palette.

Really quite nice, CP. . .

I think the second vertical one is out of this world. Minimalism is fine, but this one has something that inspires me because the minimal information just sort of nails it. Perfect balance, the use of bleed in the color is really effective.

I particularly like how you are seemingly starting out with a transparent ink being so dense it's black, but when bleeding out it takes on the original color. Puts me in mind of the essence of the life force differentiating into the myriad forms it takes in the world upon birth. Life blood, or sap, etc. sort of association. . .

Very nice look, even without the mentalizing on my part.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I like both of them - lovely ink washed feel.
    BTW, what is 'Auryn inks for Paper texture' - is this a collection of paper grains?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Garden view 0626 ar2

... thanks to all for the very kind comments, I'm encouraged to post another study, this one is of the garden from a certain angle ... Agree with D Akey on minimalism, in theory much is left out, but must add that in execution, much more is done than actually meets the eye ...

... oh, by "Auryn inks for paper texture," I mean that sometimes I import the resident paper offered by the Auryn Inks painting program, I happen to like the grain ... I've found that paintings done in Auryn are extremely pixelated, and in my experience the program offers no advantages over the basic AR tools ...
    Artrage Gallery

I really love these chinapete, everything about them, colors, textures and composition, all so wonderful