ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Palette Knife types disappeared in 1.4.2 update

Question Palette Knife types disappeared in 1.4.2 update

Installed today this update and I can't see the different palette knife options (flat, edge, blur, etc) on iPad 1 anymore. I can choose from the presets but that's awkward. Can somebody confirm and how could this reversed?

I came here with the same question, and I'm using the iPad 2. I'd love to hear if there's a way to fix it...I'm struggling right now. Thanks in advance!

It looks like some changes from a major revision we're working on leaked in to the live version and removed the control for selecting knife type. We're submitting a new build today that will resolve the problem, sorry for the trouble!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for the quick response and without sounding pushy...two quick questions. Any idea if the fix is days or weeks out? And also, I'm so used to the palette knife options where they were, I can't seem to figure out which ones are the ones I used to use. Any idea what the palette knife style names are that were on the very left and the very right (I think it just said "wet" for this one)?

Sorry if I'm not clear, I was so used to knowing which options I liked, I don't know what they're called.

The validation process normally takes about a week, it may be faster (the fix is uploading as I type).

The palette knife mode you will see currently is whatever mode you last had active. What's happened is that the control for changing the mode isn't being created. If you load a painting up, whatever mode you had selected last in that painting will be active. The 'wet' mode sprinkles droplets that pick up and blend pigment, the other modes smear pigment around on the canvas (Flat and Edge work like a knife blade, Smooth distorts the paint in a more digital manner, and Blur blurs the pigment).

One thing you can do in the meantime is use Presets to set the Type: Select a preset and the knife type will be updated to whatever was stored in that preset. These presets can be used to set the different types:

1. Flat Knife: Hard out Smudge.
    2. Edge Knife: Knife Edge Trail.
    3. Smooth Blend: Hard out Smear.
    4. Blur Blend: Instant Blur.
    5. Wet Blender: Frost.

Once you have selected the preset, you can then edit the other settings in the settings panel.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

That numbered list you provided is exactly what I needed....thank you again so much for the replies!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    It looks like some changes from a major revision we're working on leaked in to the live version and removed the control for selecting knife type. We're submitting a new build today that will resolve the problem, sorry for the trouble!
    Thanks for the answer and the list.