ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Hello,

Hope I've posted in the right place. I've been lurking here and there for awhile and thought it was time to properly say hello to everyone. It seems like this forum is populated with pretty good folks, and I've already picked up some good information. Thank you!

I'm enjoying artrage and my wacom tablet. I've been using it for a few months now, recently coming over from the world of pencil and paper. It's definitely different, but I'm enjoying it. Especially when I make mistakes, or as the great sage Bob Ross would say, have happy accidents.

I've attached my first original (concept, I still used reference images) piece of artrage artwork. There are some issues, I know, but didn't think it was too terrible for a learning exercise. I appreciate any constructive feedback.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A Big welcome Java, and yes the folks here are great, they will give you wonderful advice and they are very kind in sharing, about your work, I think it is so very good and cant wait to see more

Love the play on the Comedy and Tragedy masks in the modern world with the telephone cables. Has a connotation of streaming entertainment. Only the skull is darker than the face with the frown. Also a comment perhaps on the more contemporary graphic nature of movies.

Cool idea like the tennis shoes tossed over the phone lines that we have seen here and there in the real world. Never quite figured out the reason for that prank. But it feels like something young people would do. And movies are heavily geared toward youth, especially horror movies.

Nice image. It works compositionally well enough of this kind of linear motif. Tough showing enough line horizontally while being close enough to the image for it to really read. Not sure if the highlight on the blackbird/raven/crow is working for you though. I see you're trying to really push texture, as on the pole, but not sure that it's helping.

Welcome!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A warm welcome to our forum, glad you gave up lurking and joined in.
    You will find some great folks on here who will always share ideas with you.
    I like you first posting and the theme behind it, and we certainly look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
    Geoff

Welcome in here and congratulations for Your most excellent drawing and for the possible meanings we may figure to lie underneath!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Welcome! Very nice job on this. Look forward to seeing more of your work.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Red face Thanks All

I appreciate the warm welcome and kind words!

barnburner, I'm also from a very small town in IL. Wonder if we were once neighbors?

Welcome to the forums and thats a fine start. Looking forward to seeing lots more from you
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

welcome, I enjoy this first work and hope we get many more contributions from you.!..

welcome to the forum, JavaClutch
    that's a great first drawing, I like the details - looking forward to seeing more of your work!
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)