ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Cat's eyes ...

Cat's eyes ...

... motif from ink on silk painting ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I can see those eyes starring at me Chinapete, great job again

Chinapete... I love the subtle colors here and the interesting crop with the mysterious dark mark at the upper left corner...and the "ink" flecks along the surface.. I am wondering if you have ever tried ink on silk?....I have done lots of bamboo brush with sumi ink but never on silk..I wonder how it reacts to the ink and brush.

Kind of what I see in the evening around feeding time ChinaPete. You wouldn't want to be there. The cats are not nice when they are hungry.

Thanks so much pat and alexandra ...

gary: like most puppies, I was trained on paper, hehe ...

I have never tried silk, mainly because paper is the best choice for my freehand style, and silk is reserved for very detailed paintings ...

thank goodness for ArtRage, where most effects can be imitated, except, as I've said before, the magical single stroke of the Chinese painting brush, varying load, pressure and direction, which as far as I know cannot yet be reproduced in digital media ...
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I like what You got, but Your image is too subtle for my aged eyes, so I cannot see cats eyes or any cat at all, even in my most unrestrained pareidolia.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Well well. I'd. Better make. An appointment. Caesar with spec -savers for you as I got spec's from
    Them and I can see Pete's cats ok look like those Siamese type's. But I mustn't see faces. Coss it
    Upsets. Pete. U just. Ave to laff.