ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Compressing AR files for email?

Compressing AR files for email?

Hi all!

I've started working on comic project with some friends from DA in which I'm doing the colouring work. AR is fantastic for what I want to do, but I need to find a way of compressing the file (without merging all the layers so that other people can work on it if they want to) so I can send it in an email. I've already tried putting it in a zipped file, which gets it down to about 30MB, but this is still too big to send as an attachment in Gmail. Is there any way I can send them a working file with all my layers intact?

I'd recommend Dropbox. If you can get the other people you're working with to sign up with you, you can create a shared folder which you can all use to pass the files to each other. But even if they don't do it, you can still sign up, upload the file to dropbox, and then share your link to the file with them, so they can get it. But having the shared folder would be more beneficial, in my opinion.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Okie doke! I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help!

I've been using dropbox for about a month now. I love it. I can move my files between my computers quite EZ-ily. And, if I'm at the local bistro, I can use their wi fi and still get my files. Our local Mac Club president shares a File so when he adds something I know about it and it beats getting a huge file in my email.

BTW; bluetabbycat, went to your deviant art site and love your coloring work and the tattoo!
    Last edited by Judith Tramayne; 06-19-2012 at 02:49 AM.
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Tramayne View Post
    BTW; bluetabbycat, went to your deviant art site and love your coloring work and the tattoo!

Why, thankyou!