ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can I Create Retina quality on Ipad2 with ArtRage for IPad?

Can I Create Retina quality on Ipad2 with ArtRage for IPad?

Tried to search this; sorry if a dup..

ArtRage Studio Pro junkie who just bought the IPad app ($2.99???? crazy low price btw . should be over $9.99 imho)

Question: My goal is to create images for Ipad / Iphone retina display. Can this be done if I have only and IPAD2?

Any useful tips?

I assume whatever I do on the Ipad I will have to touch up, etc..on my Mac with Pro....

As the iPad 2's screen resolution is 1024 x 768 pixels, when you create a new painting it defaults to this size. The iPad 3's retina display resolution is doubled at 2048 x 1536 pixels.

However, you can create images of up to 2048 x 2048 pixels in size on the iPad 2 version. Here's how:

When you click 'new painting' from the gallery, you will see a painting size beneath the canvas preview. You can tap the size values to change them. You could create a painting at 2048 x 1536 pixels in size to match the iPad 3's resolution. You'd be zoomed out to 50% by default to fit the painting on your iPad 2s screen.

Also, if when you create the painting you move the 'record script' button to ON, a recording is made of your painting actions. This can be exported to iTunes in the gallery via the export button, then saved to your computer for playback in Studio Pro where you can select different sizes. You can find more information on transferring files here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...d-vice-a-versa

Due to the organic nature of the simulation, there will be some differences as a script file records all of your painting actions rather than being a pixel by pixel copy

Let me know if I've misunderstood the question, I hope this helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Yes, it helps.
    What is the value of screen recording? How would I use it in the process of creating on the iPad and finalizing on the MAC?

Recording a script allows you to play back that script on your copy of Studio Pro. As your desktop computer will tend to have more RAM and resources in general, this means you can repaint your iPad work at the bigger sizes your computer will allow. So, you might have finished a painting on the iPad but you want to recreate it at a larger size. If you export the script file then open it in Studio Pro via File -> Play Script, you'll be prompted for the size to play back at. See the previous link for how to transfer files to your desktop computer.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

"Ah ha" he says..
    I guess I'm good as long as I change the pixels to 2048 x 1536 I won't need to change the size - although scripting would let me if I need to

Thanks for being very responsive