ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Having A Struggle

Having A Struggle

I feel like since there were some recent changes in the program that I am having some increased problems with brush sizes, paint opacity , dots every time I touch the iPad with the brush, color problems, blending, and so forth. It has been frustrating because I have done hundreds of paintings on Artrage since I started. I am back to rookie and deleting a lot of work. This is all of recent vintage. I thought it was just me but now I don't think so. I have worked too hard trying to make many adjustments. Please what is up? How an I adjust or is there a program adjustment needed? Thanks, Marilyn Anne

I have had the same type of problem. I only have an iPhone and have found the interface a bit of a challange at times. Although I am a huge ArtRage fan (I have recommended to several people who are far better at drawing than me) and have no complaint of having paid he $1.99 for the app on the iPhone, I found an excellent (free app) that I think has a far better interface (at least on my iPhone).

Check out ArtStudio Lite: http://www.iphoneclan.com/. It also has an excellent user manual at: http://www.iphoneclan.com/artstudio_manual.pdf
    Additionaly, there are some interesting tutorials that you can view directly on you iPhone/iPad.

To the folks at ArtRage, I would for you to take a look at the UI for this app and see if it might give you some ideas for improving the UI for your app on the iPhone/iPad.

As I said, I am a huge ArtRage fan even though I am not a very good artist (still trying to learn) and check the forum every day looking to learn from others and to see if there are some new updates.

Regarding problems on the iPad - Have you cleared out parked apps and rebooted? Not doing so can cause the device to slow down and speed problems can create issues when trying to paint. You can see how to do this here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...es-or-Crashing

If that doesn't help, could you describe some of the problems specifically, and let us know whether you have changed devices recently? There haven't been any changes to the app that I can think of that might cause a range of issues like that, but we can look in to it if we have something we can try to replicate.

Lastly, regarding UI - If anyone has any specific suggestions for interface on the iPhone or iPad please feel free to add them to the suggestions forum.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I typed out a whole answer and details nd then could't post.

The program said I wasn't logged in or didn't ave permission . I was logged in and do have posting privileges. I will try again but here is another try.

We're just looking in to a forum problem at the moment, please log in and turn on the 'Remember Me' checkbox and that should resolve the issue with posting until it's fixed.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Okay, that worked

My poor typing skills! Well maybe I need to do first things first. My husband cn help me with rebooting. Specifically I was having trouble with brush lines that when set in my usual places were too thick and paint applied in my usual settings of pressure ,loading and thinner were too thick. I added more thinner and got dots all over when the stylus would touch my first generation iPad . I thought the changes seemed to coincide with the changes in the programs appearance and changes in posting pictures. I had been getting some really good results but feel more challenged now. Thanks for the help. Marilyn Anne

Rebooting seems to have helped

Thank you. This rebooting seems to be the answer. I tried to test the program and it seems like my usual settings are back to working. Good! Marilyn Anne