ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: What is the largest size you can make a apainting in AR?

What is the largest size you can make a apainting in AR?

I have one that is 50W and 48H 100dpi but I want to expand the canvas 10% in every direction to add to it. Can the program handle this? Is their another way to do what I am trying to do? The program simply crashes and says that AR does not have enough memory to do as requested.

Are you talking inches? It'll likely depend on your computers specs. I've worked at sizes close to that, but it was sluggish.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    Are you talking inches? It'll likely depend on your computers specs. I've worked at sizes close to that, but it was sluggish.
    Yes inches. My computer handles as large as 50in by 50 inches at 100 dpi with no problem. Larger the program crashes.

It will depend on the complexity of the document and available RAM. I can create a larger document but that's with a single layer. You may find that merging some layers if that's an option will allow you to enlarge the painting. If you have sprayed unfixed stickers, these can take up a lot of memory. If this is the case, going to your sticker layer in the layer stack, clicking the footprint icon and choosing to flatten to paint will reduce memory usage. If you have stencils in the document you're no logner using, removing these will free up more memory.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design