ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picton harbour at night.

Picton harbour at night.

I've never attempted a painting of a nightime subject before. It's an interesting process. I don't think its a complete success, but I thought I'd share it.

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picton night.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	272.2 KB 
ID:	67709
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

I think you have succeeded admirably. The watercolour feeling is great.
    The only thing is the name of the boat, it would have been nicer if it had been written by hand (but that is only my opinion).

a very successful night work... and I agree the boat name would be blended better with the overall painting had it been hand done.. but overall a very very nice work

Beautiful painting. I too think the boats name is too neat. Maybe a different font?

Hey, it's got a nice hand done quality. Very textural. I like it. A picture to enter.

I agree with Gaia and the others. The type you included as the name of the boat on the stern isn't how I would have gone about it. It feels very mechanical, which is the only place in the whole picture that is. So it's sort of floating superimposed. I would use it as a guide and paint it by hand. But when you do, you may want to mind that it feels like it ought to be there in character with the rest.

Other than that, it's nice.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for all the comments everyone. I'm glad you think it works. I'll try another one!

The name of the boat ... yes I agree. I tried several times by hand it came out like a dog's breakfast every time. I'll try again.

Thanks for the comments.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

First of all ...please forgive my copying your painting which I think is great............I agree with everyone about the name and after looking closely I thought of a possible solution........to "weather" the painted letters......so I took the liberty of borrowing your work and gently applied the frosted knife.

Feel free to call me an interfering old sod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	name.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	67727  
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Great minds think alike Peter!! That's what I tried too. I think your version worked a bit better than mine though
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

It's a really magnificent artpiece! I'm speechless. Moreover, what a wonderful color contrast!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you Caesar. If ever I get around to selling paintings I think I'll employ you as my publicist

You are very kind.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========