ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triptych of a living room, including a Swedish stove...

Triptych of a living room, including a Swedish stove...

I'm trying to make a triptych in oil of a panorama stitch I made by my iPhone the other day of the big room at the station where I live.
    I have painted the first section, is about to straighten out the second part but have problem recording the script. Someone who is good at it?
    You can see the unpainted third section in the tracing photo.

All fingerpainted on iPad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triptyk1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	67669

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	triptykdag2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	67670
    Last edited by Gaia; 06-13-2012 at 09:25 AM.

I understand that you took this in three separate photos in order to make it into one. However, my understanding of 'triptych' is that it is customarily in three separate though relating paintings as an end result. But that doesn't seem to have any relevance to what you're after. Sorry I don't have a script. And I haven't done any photographic panoramas doing this although the uses for such a thing are very clear. Are you going to do a 360 degree movie you can zoom around in?

The room is awesome. You have a great realistic/painterly style. It looks real but through the eyes of a painter, perhaps like some of the portrait painters from the 1920s who painted the families of the wealthy industrialists in the United States. This however seems very accessible and artistic middle class -- like a renovated old classic home.

Makes me want to set up an easel and paint.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    I understand that you took this in three separate photos in order to make it into one. However, my understanding of 'triptych' is that it is customarily in three separate though relating paintings as an end result. But that doesn't seem to have any relevance to what you're after. Sorry I don't have a script. And I haven't done any photographic panoramas doing this although the uses for such a thing are very clear. Are you going to do a 360 degree movie you can zoom around in?

The room is awesome. You have a great realistic/painterly style. It looks real but through the eyes of a painter, perhaps like some of the portrait painters from the 1920s who painted the families of the wealthy industrialists in the United States. This however seems very accessible and artistic middle class -- like a renovated old classic home.

Thanks for your comment.
    My intention is to print out these three parts and mount them with proper spacing between, you're perfectly right about the idea of a triptych.
    Nah, I'm not going to make a 360 degree picture, this is enough challenge for me. I'm sleepless

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    I love these Gaia, wonderful texture and ambiance.
    Thanks Alexandra

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post

Because I like the early turn of the last century so much I'm so glad of what you wrote. Middle class or not - thanks

that is some very beautiful painting with artrage. especially on the ipad. it is looking great!
    Last edited by screenpainter; 06-13-2012 at 06:34 PM.

I absolutely love your space and style and dogs!!! Can't wait to show to my husband. Great job!!

Gaia, love your style, very creative and wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    that is some very beautiful painting with artrage. especially on the ipad. it is looking great!
    Thanks a lot, I experience many benefits to finger paint on the iPad, I become more free and less pedantic.
    One of the finest ArtRage paintings I've seen is still your portrait of Claire.