ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Good Book 4

A Good Book 4

I liked Jack so much I decided he needed somewhere nice to live. I'm going to keep coming back and fill this painting up with odds and ends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Good Book 4a.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	456.5 KB 
ID:	67650  

Fraser, love, love this, great idea to keep adding and will look forward to checking it out again, Fraser when you paint those fantastic bricks, what approach to you use, do you do all the colors and then the dark lines to form the bricks, they look fantastic and I would love to be able to do bricks like that

Excellent additions...looking forward to more
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

F-P....I am ready to move in do you require a pet deposit ? ...a great interior setting... well done!.

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Fraser, love, love this, great idea to keep adding and will look forward to checking it out again, Fraser when you paint those fantastic bricks, what approach to you use, do you do all the colors and then the dark lines to form the bricks, they look fantastic and I would love to be able to do bricks like that
    Thanks Pat. I did the wall by cheating, It's a stencil, I used lumpy glitter 15% multicolour, daubing different shades and smeared with a knife for the bricks, then inverted the stencil and used tube paint for the mortar using the knife again. Then I went over it brick by brick with soft knife set to a point to define it. For the fireplace I used the select tool and copied and pasted an L shape to a new layer, resized it a bit and used the eraser to define the edges and added shadow on the layer below. Duplicated the layers and used Add on the Bump Blend Modes menu to get more texture. Hope that helps.

Thankyou Fraser for sharring going to try that

Thanks guys.

Great painted dogs in this cosy place!

I like very much this painting
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Isn't this a painting you posted a few years back?

Definitely feels like a place with your joys as in the old style paintings showing the bounty of one's country manor.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream