ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: COPIC Revisited

COPIC Revisited

Hi fellow ragers,

I know that there's already a COPIC color set for ArtRage out there, but as you may or may not know, it doesn't correspond exactly to the COPIC colors that can be found in another very popular drawing program (hint: it begins with "Autodesk Sketch" and ends with "Book Pro"). I can't judge which version is more accurate, but I thought there might be some value in having the exact same colors available in both programs.

I have therefore created my own version, with RGB values copied straight from SBP. This resulted in a 341-color set, which I have split into 12 smaller ones, according to the letter codes (BV, V, RV, R, and so on) except for grays, which I have grouped together.

I did make some changes (fixes, in my mind) as follows:
    • FYG2 (Dull Green) was errorneously named "Dull Violet" in SBP.
    • I have swapped warm grays 8 and 9, because 8 was darker.
    • I have reordered toner grays 8 to 10, again according to their lightness.

I will post the link to the complete archive with the 12 smaller sets as soon as I can do that (not enough posts). In the meantime, here's the entire color set as an attachment:
    Attached Files Attached Files

not able to open attachment

Hi Michael,

I love the idea of being able to use copic markers with artrage! Downloaded the file that you attached but was unable to open it... I have a mac - could this be the problem?

thanks

Anne

Hi Anne,

Frankly, I don't know. It's a file from a PC, but I see no reason why .col presets should be platform-specific.

You can try downloading the entire set as .zip or .arpack once I post the URL (I think I need one more post to be able to do that).

Here are the complete sets (both contain the same files, so choose your favorite format):

Arpack
    Zip

Smile

thanks a lot!
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

It Worked!

Hi Michael,

I just wanted to let you know I figured how to install them and they're fantastic!! Thank you so much for posting these.

best,

Anne

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
    Here are the complete sets (both contain the same files, so choose your favorite format):

Arpack
    Zip
    Hi MichaelG,
    Please reupload your Arpack because the actual one is corrupted.

Thanks