Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sketch ( updated)

Geoff, I think this is a fantastic start so dont sell yourself short, and knowing you for your wonderful portraits and dog paintings, you will accomplish anything

Geoff...nice work and hardly a feeble effort.. except maybe in measuring what you envisioned and what you produced.... always a problem .. I like D Akey's helpful comments it is so helpful to have him articulate specifically what needs to happen in a work to make it stronger.. keep going I like your BW pencil works.

Thanks Pat and gxhpainter for your kind words of encouragement very much appreciated.

DAkey I welcome your constructive comments and I think I understand what you are saying.
    I agree I should have made the elements in the face the eyes etc much stronger to draw attention to them.
    I find one colour for everything a difficult thing to master compared to working in colour where the colours themselves bring out the important features.
    Well I must keep trying, but the call of colour is strong.
    Geoff
    Last edited by limey-g; 06-12-2012 at 06:25 AM.

I did some work on it

I decided to do some more work on my drawing, not sure if it is better or not.
    Geoff
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I've lost this thread, sorry. Love both versions but I prefer the first one.
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

is there a reference or are you just creating this out of your head?
    It's very nice. that one section of hair that creates an angle and seems to lay atop the rest... could fit in more as a curve.
    perhaps she could brush her hair? then have her sit down again. after all you must be enjoying the time with the lovely lady in your presence.
    the hair has an unusual haircut being cut short on her left side. that is the way it reads anyway. still it's a very lovely portrait Geoff.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 06-13-2012 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks Silvy and screenpainter she is purely fictitious and it was just an idea to layer some hair on the top.
    In all truth my imagination is sadly lacking and always feel more comfortable when i can at least look at a ref image.
    Geoff