ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blobs instead of strokes

Blobs instead of strokes

Hi,
    I've just got a "Bamboo Pen" and "ArtRage" today and when I first downloaded it and started seeing what it could do it was great and working how I'd expect it to. When I went back to it after an hour or so this was no longer the case.

First off: put the pen on the tablet and move it across the tablet and it left a stroke there.
    Now: if I do the same I just get a blob where I originally put my pen down and then nothing, until I pick the pen up and put it down again.

In other programs there's still a stroke when I move my pen across my tablet, so I don't think it's the pen or the tablet.

I've un-installed and re-installed a few times now and it's still the same. I can't find anything in the preferences that I think might do anything.

What did I do in between the 1st and 2nd uses?

I would really appreciate some help.
    Last edited by meriki; 06-10-2012 at 11:13 AM.

I'd recommend making sure that you have the latest tablet drivers installed first. Download them from www.wacom.com, uninstall your current tablet drivers, restart your computer then double click the downloaded file to install the latest drivers. A lot of problems we see with tablet input are solved by updating to the latest tablet software version like this.

If this doesn't help, please let us know which version of ArtRage you're using and what operating system you're using it on so we can give you some more specific troubleshooting steps. ArtRage normally works out of the box with these tablets as standard, but we may need to change some input settings depending on your configuration if you're getting odd behavior. Also can you let me know whether you are getting this behavior for all tools in ArtRage or some specific tools.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

It is happening to me too. I've just recieved my bamboo tablet today and everything was fine until I went off the ArtRage programme. The strokes won't appear but just leave a blob on where you start. I've checked the other programs like photoshop and even the bamboo dock with the mona lisa picture. It's nothing to do with the tablet as the strokes are working fine with the other systems it's just the ArtRage one. Please help because I was really enjoying it until the strokes stopped working.

Please follow the instructions in my previous post to make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest drivers.

After doing this, if you still have the problem, check the following:

ArtRage supports Microsoft's tablet input method by default. Most likely your other programs do not, so they are using a different input method ( wintab, an older standard ). If there is a problem with your Windows tablet settings, you can turn this off by going to Edit -> ArtRage Preferences -> Input Devices and disabling 'realtime stylus' then restarting the application. I'm assuming you're using Windows and Artrage Studio / Studio Pro

This behaviour doesn't come from ArtRage, it is due to bad tablet data being recieved by the app, but this is one way you can turn off this input standard mentioned above to avoid it.

If you have further problems please email me directly at support@artrage.com and let me know what operating system and version of ArtRage you're using so I can assist.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design