ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Straight lines without the ruler

Question Straight lines without the ruler

I would love to see Art Rage make a 'straightliner' process like Photoshop, where you click on one spot, hold down the shift bar and click on another and a straight line comes in between. It would save the ruler process in lots of situations. I use it so often in PS.

'If you hold down Cmd (Mac OS X) / Ctrl (Windows) when you click and hold to paint, a perfectly straight
    line will be generated. Hold down Shift as well and this line will rotate in 15 degree increments as you
    move the mouse.'
    Page 12 in the Manual

Thumbs up Aha!

Well, well, silly me! Missed it totally. It works really well, thanks for that.

You're so welcome! It saved my life!

Kat

IMHO this works way better than Adobe's implementation in Photoshop. There holding shift doesn't give you a "rubberband" to see where you are putting your line so it's a bit of a blind process.

I also love how in AR you can hold down shift and scrub left and right to change the size of your tools.
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

Resizing the Brush

I've just tried the resizing process. Wow! There is no end to the brilliance. Thanks again! :0)