ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: My first WIP - illustration

Twaager Guest

My first WIP - illustration

This a link to another thread where I describe my illustration method. http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...easy-technique

This time I will try to do the same in ArtRage as I did in Painter to see if I can get a good looking illustration for one of my picture books.

The first pictures are the sketch and the original drawing. They are made both using my Staedtler Noris Graphite 771, my favourite pencil. The lightpad I use is an Artograph A930 to copy the original from my sketch on the Canson 200 g drawing paper.

I will be back to show the progress I make...

Attachment 67696
    Last edited by Twaager; 06-14-2012 at 05:12 AM.

I look forward to seeing what you've got here Twagger. Thanks for putting the time aside to share!
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Twaager Guest

Crayon and Chalk

Attachment 67682
    This is the result so far: I used the Crayon and the Chalk tools for colouring. The drawing (multiply layering) on top of the single layer of colour. I don't like many layers, just one or two mostly. That way the illustration work is closest to "the real thing". One or two tools suits me best also, just like when I work on paper or canvas. ArtRage is not as quick and intuitive when comes to colouring as Painter. But it is close. I have to get more used to AR maybe. But the Oil Pastel tool like in Painter is what I miss in ArtRage. Crayon and Chalk is a substitute that is useful, but not as good.
    Last edited by Twaager; 06-14-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Beautiful illustration - I like it a lot!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)