ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Where is that Manual?

Where is that Manual?

Okay, maybe I'm going crazy, but the other day when I was browsing through the site, I could have sworn that there was a pdf download of the
    ArtRage manual somewhere on your site but now I can't find it for the life of me!
    If it's there somewhere, please point this old dog in the right direction, thanks

Are you referring to the quick start guide or a full-blown manual?

hmmn, not sure if this was what I saw before, but it helps, thanks. so is there a full blown manual available too?

I haven't the slightest idea. =) The quick start guide is what I found, but I wasn't sure if you'd seen something different. I'm glad it helped a bit, in any case!

The ArtRage manual is currently only available as HTML, and if you hit 'F1' or go to the help menu in ArtRage you can see the manual.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

manual

Hi,
    when I use F1 there is a message:
    <help manual.htm cannot be loaded because it cannot be found in the file resources/manual>
    same maessage when I click on the menu for short keys (or so)
    what can I do??? :?:

Hi Franz,

Can you tell me what language your version of ArtRage is, and operating system you are using there, Windows or OS X? Also, if you browse to the ArtRage folder, then open resources, is there a manual folder within that? Just checking to start with that ArtRage has the correct folder structure on your system.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

thks,
    found it in the resources folder!

I use the German version so the manual is called "Handbuch" and therefore probably it is not found from the ArtRage menu.
    WIN XP. To reach it from there is their any trick or is it better to get the English ArtRage version?

It seems there was a bug in the installer for the German version of ArtRage, and the file 'handbuch.html' was included but not pointed to by the product. If you want to fix this problem to make sure that ArtRage can load the manual when you press F1, just rename 'handbuch.html' to 'manual.html'. Sorry for the problem, we'll make sure it's fixed in the next version!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

thks for the quick answer.
    Sometimes it pays to first think and then ask. After posting my question I had the same idea and did it and it works.
    Okay, at least it helped you to get rid of another small inconvenience. :wink: