Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romy... Finished

ArtRage can do that!

weeks! amazing!

*faints*

Its really really really good.

First, I gotta say that you did a magnificant job on this. You draw as much out of this tool as anyone on these forums -- probably more. The nuances in shading and texture that you create remind me of high quality faux painting techniques.

I was curious about the "hidden" detail of brush strokes in the darker areas, so I played with the levels in PS to see those areas. As I did, an idea caught my mind and I played with the picture a little. I ran the Poster Edges filter on a copy and put the transparency at 32%. It created a really neat looking picture like what might appear on a book cover or movie poster. I didn't post it because I wasn't sure that would be nice to do. Anyway, even derivatives of your picture are great!

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing more.

D.

woah, another!
    I love the detailed textures, especially on the skin!

How many layers? could you post a picture of your layer stack?
    Let us in on your secrets ,what tools etc....Pleeezz, we'll polish your shoes in return.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Excellent study Weeks, great!
    I think you pushed Artrage to the limit

Weeks, its all been said I know and I agree with all of them what an amazing piece of work,Simply brilliant. :shock: Regards,Tony

Well, ... ops:

I don't know what to say except to thank you all, sincerly for those kind words.
    Of course, it's just about paintings, ArtRage, the time we past behind the machines or the desk, but anyway, we're involded in something peaceful and positive.. And when I see around... :?

David M : I'm glad to read you that way.. Thank you.

Aged P : i'm very touched by your words.

Hanzz : i'm sorry for your jaw, but if i'm able to continue, i will..
    To answer your question. I don't use so much layers (1 for the background and one for the main subject) but when i have to modified, i take one another and then, i dropped. The secrets.... Big canvas and the chance to have 4.5 Go DDR SDRAM. Nothing very particular, a lot of strokes with all tools ArtRage Team provides us.. but i miss watercolor, blender, and ink pen :wink:

LoTekK, Enchanter, Harmony, Sbug51, Little_Artist, Tiznaught, Art2, Tony : Thank's a lot. All your compliments help me to push my limits again.

AndyRage : The man behind the canvas.. I would have a lot of things to tell you if my english would be much better, but you have a big responsability now , you and ArtRage Team. We are waiting much more ! :shock: thank you for the time you pasted behind your computer and on that forum to support everyone.

Fashmir : my "man" (if i can say that).. I don't know you, but your words speaks for you.. ArtRage is for you too.. And i wait to see your work, poetic and powerful..

Drzeller : Thank you, so much.. I appreciate that you took your time to analyse my job.. You know, i've learned a lot of things about my own work
    If you want to post the result of your research.. No problem. If we can learn from each other..

Weeks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Here is the posterized version. I tried a few levels of posterization and blending modes and opacity. (The posterized version was a layer over the original. I think the final version was something like 32% poster over 100% original).

I hopeit shows up well in the smaller version. I posted it as original and poster side by side to show the differences.

Again, you did an awesome job.

D.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

O_O

Wow, that really _should_ be on the artrage box ...
    /clap