ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The legend of the seeker

The legend of the seeker

I tried a quick enough caricature of the charming actress Bridget Regan in her role in the series.
    She's a beauty, so I'm a little bit sorry to have dared to make fun of her delicate traits ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bridget Regan.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	298.7 KB 
ID:	67524  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very good work my friend...
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.

Nice one Caesar, do not know the character so cannot comment on that, but I like it.
    Geoff

I'm not familiar with the actress or the show, but clearly this is very well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

No idea who she is but a great character anyway dear Cesare
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Caesar, I have watched this series a few times.... this is a very nice character study... you really seemed to have gained a certain confidence as of late as shown in this work.. all very direct and no false marks or misplaced colors and tones and the hair is fantastic.. I especially like the use of the gradient and its colors as a back drop..excellent work!!.

Very nice portrait....ammetto di non essere molto al corrente degli ultimi film, ma non so chi sia
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Adept caricature, Caesar. Not flattering to a beautiful girl, which is somewhat unusual for you. But the rather dismayed look you gave her makes me think of the classic humor irreverent comic book art publication over here called Mad Magazine. I grew up reading that, on and off, and loving every page.

A world-class caricature artist called Mort Drucker would parody movies, and he would really get the likenesses in his own linear flavor. The humor of it all for me was that they would be these very beautiful people playing these serious roles and he would make it all utterly ridiculous. Was wonderful.

Anyway, you look like you're stepping in that direction, and Bravo for that!

Anyone interested, just search Google images and you can see how pretty she actually is, hahah.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

She's a mystery to me but I love her just the same!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Should anyone be curious about her You may google Legend of the Seeker or Bridget Regan.
    Anyway it was a not so good attempt to practise ink pen on a caricature (not the best tool for this I think). I made also another couple of unsatisfactory excercises with the ink pen I would attach herebelow too.

Thank You, dear Semd74, Geoff, BB, Amanda, Silvia, D Akey and Jibes. Dear D Akey, I appreciated Your reference to Mort Drucker, a fantastic artist indeed I googled to enjoy. Thank You for this suggestion too.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Caesar; 06-07-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!