ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wine HQ and Artrage

Gallery
    View images

Wine HQ and Artrage

Mouse what do you mean by "Front Page"? I'm going in the WinwHQ, aniway.
    And also, I have to say, it's not like "someone" got it working with Wine, it really works immediately!! There's no effort to spend making it work, really. And there's no bug too, as long as I've seen 'till now.

Andy, please, spend a word about this if you can read.... you really should write something down about this in the site, to make people know about the ArtRage choice on le Linux platform....

it's kinda needed for Linux desktop... believe me

Byeeee!

Gallery
    View images
    Argh... very sorry guys.... I clicked over post new topic instead of reply.... it was the first time I was posting here

Sincerely sorry....

The Dark Monster

Gallery
    View images
    I can't really say we officially support Linux, because we're not able to offer any support. In addition features we add at a later date might break ArtRage under Linux.
    So if it works, that's fantastic! But I can't say we support ArtRage under Linux.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Ok, be that so. But please, what I say is just: add a Linux section to the site saying that, based on segnalations by some users (There's at least another one as long as I can see who uses Artrage under Linux), Artrage 2 works flawlessly, using wine. I mean, just a segnalation, you know. I think it would mean soooo much Think about it?

Gallery
    View images
    Well, for as much as I could do, my part is done

I became a super manteiner of ArtRage 2 in the Wine HQ database. I posted a pair of screenshots and a Test result. Now ArtRage is much more visible than before on the wine site. That's the link:

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=4948

I'm Luca D.M, naturallally. If some infos could be added to the AR2 Official site it would help a lot of people using this great program under Linux... maybe with a link to the Wine HQ database entry for ArtRage... it would really be great. Just a third party advise, you now, nothing officially supported. What d'you say, Andy, think about it?

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase!
    Bye bye! Thanks for the attention, from a real lover of your product (Wich I bought),

Luca D.M.

Worked fine in the past. And now, remains only ''the past'' AR 2.5 doesn't work with wine :cry:

Gallery
    View images

Doesn't work?

Oh, really? I'll have to try it out then. Version 2 works fine and the free version works very fine too. I'll have to try the 2.5 version and if it doesn't work maybe I can hack it a little.

Gallery
    View images
    We're now using GDIPlus.dll for the graphics file IO on Windows.
    Wine appears to have a problem with that.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Ah, if it's onnly gdiplus, there's no problem at all. Get it from:
    wwwdotdreamaquariumdotcom/gdiplus_dnld.exe
    I tested it with Dream Aquarium under wine and it works great! just extract gdiplus into:
    $HOME/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
    and everything will work fine. Dream Aquarium, at leasts, needs gdiplus and it works great. You can also use wine doors. I created a gdiplus package and it will be inserted in the next release of wine doors. You can already use wine doors to automatically download and install Artrage free
    Or you will in the next repos update. The update will come in a few days. Stay tuned!

Thank you very much Yeah, it was gdiplus.dll. Now AR2.5 works great With one strange thing: In ''About'' now is stated ''Licenced to: Unlicenced'' instead my name. Is it because of gdiplus or? Anyway, important thing is that it works. Again, thanks, guys