ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Desire in Teth -XI

Desire in Teth -XI

I first made ​​a drawing in my Moleskine notebook using my Wacom Inkling. I Blew my vector drawing in Illsutrator and I then imported into artrage where I did everything else. This painting is part of my project "Thoth Tarot". The first ten paintings are oils on canvas.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

One super image!! Great work!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Quote Originally Posted by jibes View Post
    One super image!! Great work!
    Thank you jibes :-)

So are you doing a Tarot deck for real or are you using those ideas to do paintings as an end in themselves? Looks intriguing and a little surreal. A surrealist Tarot deck is intriguing. If you're inventing your own images it will be interesting to see if it works like a tarot deck -- or if it changes reality as we know it - a paradigm shifter.

Would be a trip to do a Dada Tarot deck. Would be funny because if nothing makes sense anyway, then why ask, hahaha.

Anyway, very cool idea. Nice image. Certainly is wide open to interpretation were anyone to get this card.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    So are you doing a Tarot deck for real or are you using those ideas to do paintings as an end in themselves? Looks intriguing and a little surreal. A surrealist Tarot deck is intriguing. If you're inventing your own images it will be interesting to see if it works like a tarot deck -- or if it changes reality as we know it - a paradigm shifter.

Would be a trip to do a Dada Tarot deck. Would be funny because if nothing makes sense anyway, then why ask, hahaha.

Anyway, very cool idea. Nice image. Certainly is wide open to interpretation were anyone to get this card.
    I am inspired by the Thoth Tarot was created by Aleister Crowley in the early twentieth century. I'm not trying to reproduce all the symbols of each card. I choose paint will I do with my pendulum. In this way, I make a picture that has something to tell me that time. Maybe this tarot deck is going to work on myself only. But when I do a painting, it has something to say. Once it is finished it has other things to say to people who see it. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...crowley-thoth/