ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Final Cut Pro / iMovie ArtRage plugin

Lightbulb Final Cut Pro / iMovie ArtRage plugin

A Final Cut Pro / iMovie ArtRage plugin would be a really amazing product that I think a lot of people could use. The marriage of the best drawing and painting app with the best editing app would make for an unparalleled animation tool. It could be a game changer.

The animation community could really use this. There are only a few decent animation and storyboarding tools out there and they all have major faults. Its usually a trade off. They have decent drawing tools and a terrible editing interface or a decent editing interface and terrible drawing tools. As a professional in the industry all I can say is that the tools are slim picking at best. There have been huge advancement for 3d but the 2d department hasn't changed much. Toon Boom, TVPaint and photoshop are the only real players and they have never really been able to offer an all in on solution. Regardless of the tool the work usually ends up being exported to FCP to be finished anyways. So why not just cut to the chase. Make a plugin!

You don't know how many times I have been editing storyboard in FCP and wanted to just draw a missing element. As things stand you have got back and forth, importing and exporting. Animation fixes are an even bigger chore. Its a huge headache and a huge waste of time. This could change all of that.

An ArtRage plugin could change the way people make movies. You don't need add a timeline to ArtRage. That seams like way too much work and a distraction from the programs primary purpose. I say, Let Apple focus on the editing and you guys focus on what your good at, making amazing drawing tools.

Just imagine the possibilities. It could be really amazing.

cheers,

Sterling

Twaager Guest

No Windows support? There must be!

The AR is both a Win and iOS software. Since then it would leave windows users without any plugin if it was juat a iOS thing. The Windows platform holds like 95% of the world market OS for desktop computers. Therefore a only iOS would leave the majority of AR users outside the animation function.

Instead a multi OS would be the best. Like this idea: Make a new AR pro or a new AR pro anim. There should be a very simple 2D anim function, but still capable, and most important; the natural looking paint features in AR is to be used. Like the old Deluxe Paint on Amiga. Something like that...

I explain my idea in another thread in Suggestions.

No point in making a half realized animation app

There really is no point in making a stand alone animation program with limited tool sets. There are lots of those already. May I suggest TVPaint. it's decent, but the major problem stands in delivering and tagging elements back and forth between animation and editorial. It's annoying when you do it regularly.

Im making this plugin suggestion as a way of patching a preexisting problem in the film production workflow. The idea behind a final cut pro specific plugin surfaced because every production I have work on in the last eight years has edited on FCP. Winows and Linux are awesome I love them but industry wise folks cut on macs. And for that tiny percentage there Iis a definite need for a drawing interface. To be more inclusive I guess I'll expand the pitch to include an AVID plugin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Twaager View Post
    The AR is both a Win and iOS software. Since then it would leave windows users without any plugin if it was juat a iOS thing. The Windows platform holds like 95% of the world market OS for desktop computers. Therefore a only iOS would leave the majority of AR users outside the animation function.

Instead a multi OS would be the best. Like this idea: Make a new AR pro or a new AR pro anim. There should be a very simple 2D anim function, but still capable, and most important; the natural looking paint features in AR is to be used. Like the old Deluxe Paint on Amiga. Something like that...

I explain my idea in another thread in Suggestions.

Twaager Guest

unwise industry men use Windows..!

Quote Originally Posted by Ammoniteboy View Post
    Winows and Linux are awesome I love them but industry wise folks cut on macs. And for that tiny percentage there Iis a definite need for a drawing interface. To be more inclusive I guess I'll expand the pitch to include an AVID plugin as well.
    I am sure there is a need for a plug-in like you described for FinalCut. There are software for Windows too that "unwise industry men" use for editing video and film. Like Adobes animation software After Effects and Premiere (works on Macs too) and Celsys Retas (for Macs too). So there is a need for multiple platforms plug-in? By the way: TV Paint is for Android soon.