Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally started after 30+ yrs. ... a daily sketchbook (iPad)

I wonder if you could get away with using the camera app on the ipad? Just for a backup to the original sketch.

Really good work! I wish I could get an Ipad. Someday hehe.

Great idea and nicely presented! Welcome to you and we are looking to see many more!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Wonderful sketchs!!!
    We are looking to see many more!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    I wonder if you could get away with using the camera app on the ipad? Just for a backup to the original sketch.
    I was going to use the camera for capturing a fleeting moment I wanted to sketch or if I found an interesting subject for that day's sketch but just wouldn't have time to sit and sketch it until later. Nice to have the option if needed. The ArtRage reference photo pin board is a helpful feature in the app.

No sketching tomorrow... I'll be busy walking my daughter down the isle. I'm the photographer for the wedding as well so I expect to have a few potential reference photos for a sketch later when I have time to sit. :-)

~ Tim

iPad sketch - Cape May, NJ

Another iPad sketch from last week when I spent a few days camping with the family at the beach in Cape May, NJ oldest seaside resort in the US. The entire town is a registered historical landmark with amazing examples of 19th-C. Victorian period buildings. Located at the southern most tip of NJ where you can view the sunrise and sunset on the ocean! :-)

~ Tim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cape-May-NJ_sm.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	417.3 KB 
ID:	67891
    iPad(3) sketch, Wacom Bamboo stylus, ArtRage, 2048x2048px (max. res. possible w/app).

tim, congrats on the wedding. sounds like a beautiful trip and that is a beauty of painting you did as well.