ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bleak House

Bleak House

Something not typical from me. Probably bought on by all the recent trauma and change in my life. Anyway. One layer. Oils. Orig size appx 2000x2400x200. There are other more positive images, I just wanted to get reaction to this one...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bleak (2k).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	352.8 KB 
ID:	67259
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

Well, if you want to get reaction to this one, you have it... Very suggestive painting, although somehow it breaks the heart. The title is ' Bleak House' but 'Gone with the Wind' would work as well, in this case. It exposes the transient nature of everything and endless Emptiness of that what remains...

My reaction to this painting is sadness and loneliness, it is heartfelt and that you would hope things would get better in this persons life

Skylar,

yes not typical for you but the flat colors and empty space, lone figure looking in a what may have been a home with light , life and family now quiet... a somber piece...

I've missed seeing your excellent work Skylar...........sorry to hear why............ this is (as usual) stunning and as already said extremely poignant.

Good to have you back Mate!

Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Dear Skylar, I'm not aware of what happened to You lately (reading Your forewords), but this painting shows a quite desolate scene, where this lonely guy, longing for peace and soul healing from a dramatic past event and situation, is settling in a new place, away from crowds and noise.
    There's still much strength and a lively spark of hope in this guy though, so he will rebuild and refurbish both this house and his life. The wind blows in his breath and make his hair wave so caressing and restoring the man's spirit with its freshness and marine smell.
    He will patiently recompose his pieces and find some nice people to share feelings and friendship with and to give his warm and generous help to be filled again in his soul and life.
    The painting is just marvellous, ça va sans dir!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I think its excellent... great mood, suggestion of narrative and painterly style.
    It looks like it might be a movie poster and if it was I would go and watch it.

Sorry about your recent troubles though...
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

I echo what Peter said.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Not knowing what came to your personal life, I can only state that the painting is very emotional and vibrating.

Certainly a feeling of isolation, but so well painted, I just love how you got the detail in the coat especially where there is so little light.
    Geoff