ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Learning from Klimt - Preliminary sketch.

Learning from Klimt - Preliminary sketch.

Sunce this great master was cited recently by 80+ and D Akey, I thought it appropriate to deal with one of his most famous paintings.
    Here's, just to start, the preliminary sketch drawing. Done by mouse and without tracing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Learning from Gustav Klimt - Starting Sketch.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	67246  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Well Caesar I do not know how you manage to sketch with a mouse and so well to.
    The subject looks very interesting, I will certainly be watching the progression to conclusion.
    Geoff

Dear Geoff, it's not easy to draw by mouse, but You may do it decently if You either follow the natural movement articulation of the forearm or zoom out and draw within Your wrist movement range on a small size sheet. After all a sketch doesn't require much precision so You don't need to take and plug the tablet and sit comfortably on a wide enough desk for a quick definition.
    Thank You.

4. Klimt is my favorite painter since I saw the originals in Vienna. Can you post any update of your creation?

Dear GalleryToday, there's the final version since some time in the After Nine section. You may find it also somewhere in my gallery in here. Thank you.

Lookin forward to the finished painting
    Try to see as many angles of vision as possible...no single one of us has a "handle" on the whole picture.