ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Making custom brushes from scratch...

Making custom brushes from scratch...

Is there a tutorial for this? I'm familiar with converting PS brushes for use in AR, but how does one make a custom brush themselves? I have a bunch of great ink textures I'd love to try out. Thanks.

That means you're interested in creating stickers, because the the Sticker Spray tool is used to make the pseudo-brushes. I have a written tutorial on how to create sticker sheets and spray presets Here: Sticker Sheet Creator and Sticker Spray Tutorial, and a video tutorial for creating them here: Sticker Sheet Video Tutorial.

(EDIT) - In case you'd like to look at some of my stickers/spray presets, here are a few links where you can download some here at ArtRage. Once you download them, you just need to select a Sticker Spray preset and then open the variation panel to inspect how the dials were changed to make it work. To look at the sticker sheets involved, open the Sticker Creator, select the menu tab on the creator panel, and select Import Stickers.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 05-26-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Sweet SOS, I appreciate the response. I found these textures on deviantart and wanted to give them a whirl, but I'm not sure how'd they turn out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ink-pack-I.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	67197

Thumbs up

Hi

We have a book on Tutorials and one on Art Supplies for free on www.artrageus.net It may be of some use to you as you can download them both and have them on hand....well on your computer so you can refer to them anytime.

Also, many new tutorials and art supplies have been added since in those forums on Artrage but are not in these books..

Hope you find them useful as well as all the back Issues of our ArtRageUS Magazine and new "future Special Editions".

Happy painting to you

cool looking paper and brushes. I wonder how you get the brushes?