ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: "Love Flowers" By me.

"Love Flowers" By me.

"Love Flowers" Knife work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Love flowers.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	67140

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    So pretty Shadows!
    Happy you liked it Alexandra.

You make pretty well these graphics designs. Well done.

Clever graphics solution, combining what the tools do with what you cook up by way of a subject. There are those wonderful decorative paintings on boxes and so on that use a similar consciousness of single stroke, but for the old school, it's often in oil paints and then lacquered over.

But that same kind of mind set of a cool effect probably is at the root of both that and this. Well done. (There's a term for that kind of painting but I can't immediately recall it. I think the word went out of fashion because people simply describe it as decorative crafts painting so it sounds accessible rather than using jargon.)

So the long and short of it is that this technique could make for a very cool decorative element to something in addition to how you used it. Looks like it was kinda fun to do.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by Strandy View Post
    You make pretty well these graphics designs. Well done.

Thank you. I am happy you liked it.

Thank you. I actually had my wife a T-shirt made from it. She will see it in a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Clever graphics solution, combining what the tools do with what you cook up by way of a subject. There are those wonderful decorative paintings on boxes and so on that use a similar consciousness of single stroke, but for the old school, it's often in oil paints and then lacquered over.

But that same kind of mind set of a cool effect probably is at the root of both that and this. Well done. (There's a term for that kind of painting but I can't immediately recall it. I think the word went out of fashion because people simply describe it as decorative crafts painting so it sounds accessible rather than using jargon.)

So the long and short of it is that this technique could make for a very cool decorative element to something in addition to how you used it. Looks like it was kinda fun to do.