ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl with a Goldfish Bowl [new version]

Girl with a Goldfish Bowl [new version]

Goldfish are more intelligent than most people assume and they love to follow your finger and look at you and play with you.
    They have absolutely no privacy. Every movement can be observed and there is no place to hide....
    So if you would like a little golden friend to interact with while you sit at your desk all day,
    don't be put off by people telling you a goldfish bowl is a cruel habitat...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elianni.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	193.5 KB 
ID:	67175
    Last edited by Strandy; 05-25-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Picture changes

Agree with Sandy, it is unbelievabel how you are drawn into this beautiful painting, fantastic piece Strandy, I love it so much

Das ich gott mien Herr yavool

Very nice picture of the girl and the fishbowl. I love the colored berets. Brightens it 100 fold. Details like that give your portrait of the personality as well as looks an extra level of depth without being too blatant.

There is an area to improve perhaps. I think the window could do with some attention since the difference between the full realization of the girl and her object of focus and the window doesn't quite fill the picture with consistency. The panes are large shapes with little info, which the eye is drawn to, which translates out to being there was a part of the picture you didn't care about. And that gives a very wrong impression.

You needn't have to put much into it, but having something like a blurry cool branch seen though, or the top of a distant tree perhaps? Or distant buildings. A kite? Or the masts on yachts at a marina (being an aquatic theme). Something that gives a reason for windows that we can see through clearly being there at all. And you can also use it as part of your portrait. The environment can then perhaps say something about her.

If you're needing photos to work from, find a photo that fits and composite them as a starting point.

Clearly you have most of the painting working great. So it's perhaps that last blind spot to attend to in future. Bravo! Nice job.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Strandy, wonderful painting and wonderful compassion in her eyes

Wonderful!
    But the sharply outlined frame window prevents the composition. ¶

I am in awe at such amaizing work. Hopefully I will be as good one day.

Another superlative portrait, master Strandy!
    Looking at her features ... mmhh ... she might well be Elijah's sister.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you Sandy and Pat for such warm comments. I'm glad, not to be the only one drawn into it
    Hi eighty+ your spontaneous response made my day whole lot nicer than nice.
    Thank you D Akey for your comment. As always fair and honest. Yeah, there is always something to do better. I'll think of your advices for sure.
    Jean I'm very glad, you liked this one. Yes, sometimes eyes say more than anything else...
    Thank you Vladislav for your insight. Valuable hint about the window frame. Something to think of.
    I have no doubt shadowslake, that the day will come. Thank you as well
    Thank you very much dear Caesar. There is nothing, your expert's eye can't see...
    Last edited by Strandy; 05-25-2012 at 06:39 PM.