ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auction of an expressionist painting

Exclamation Auction of an expressionist painting

It's entitled: "You're righ on my corn!"
    The starting value is 5 € but I hope it will rise up to 119 € ....
    I painted it with oils using just the mouse. The reference wasn't traced (and the proportions of the guy with reference to the rest are evidently not the proper ones ).
    Probably pastels or chalk could have worked better for this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	L'Urlo di Munch.jpg 
Views:	555 
Size:	370.9 KB 
ID:	67094  
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-23-2012 at 01:42 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Actually, I really like the color you used. The intensity brings it more to life. . . which may or may not be going contrary to the message of the original. But I personally like this one. I think it may be like the difference between watching a horror movie in color vs in BW. The old ones in BW had more of a dreamlike, or nightmarish quality, despite in color all the bloody teenagers that are so common in such movies anymore (which I don't care to watch that style).

So your version seems less haunting than Munch's. And I appreciate your humor about the corn. Hahaha. You seem to have leaning towards a Fauves interpretation of a scream, which conceptually is amusing in itself.

Good luck with the bidding. . .

The painting is actually quite nice.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hail O Caesar O Mighty One as they say a nice one Cyrel Ok Jack then funny that coss i saw the pic thought I'll give it a bash

glaaaaaad you saved me the trouble as I would have made a right cock-up and you've got it spot on congrats Slainte

Nice work Caesar!

brilliant! absolutely brilliant!..

Wow, this is so dynamic Caesar, the colors are very expressive and powerful, great job on this

I like yours more!!! great job on this homage Cesare. very vibrant expression.

I apologize not to have written the reference completely. It's obviously "The Scream" (in English) by Edvard Munch. A painting particularly famous in these days due to its record as the painting most payed ever in an auction. 119 M$ if I'm not wrong.

Thank You, dear Sandra. Maybe this could be an inspiration for one of Your posters on a U.S state where the main town has heavy problems of traffic and its jamming!

Thank you, dear D Akey! This was due to the appreciation my younger son has for this painting (right, but quite disquieting taste I'd say). I therefore made a quick try to reproduce it, but, notwithstanding my best efforts to get into Munch's boots, I really cannot reach peaks of desperation, feel absolutely hopeless or utmost depressed (maybe I'm a too "southern" person to be able too), so my interpretation could hardly convey the original emotion, rather use the basic palette and composition as a musical score I played in a more colorful and "jazz", interpretation. As for the Fauve title, apart from the painting movement, considering the meaning of the French word, I think it may be appropriate to me when I have my bursts!

Dear ATPlus, it would be absolutely interesting to me to see Your interpretation too of this painting (I hope You've got the site to get it). Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jbeau!

OMG, dear Gary! You're too kind indeed!

I hope it didn't induce You also the pain waves painted in here and felt by the screamer, dear Pat! Thank You!

Dear Albert, should Edvard Munch read what You wrote ... I think he would yell and paint an even more intense and loud scream!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thats really cool Cesare and I prefer this one to the original
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307