ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blueberry Juniper

Blueberry Juniper

Crits and comments welcome

Mule, for some reason your artwork is not showing up for me at this time, but I viewed it earlier.
    I thought it was beautiful, totally loved it.

I like your work Mule.

amazing depth in that little one. love the brush work. very artistic.

This really looks like a painting on real canvas, as Screenpainter says it has such depth too.
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Looks great for what you are doing. However, if you want to take it to the next level, you want for the tree perhaps to mix a middle value between the sky and branch/needles bits and break up those dark clumps. It serves the painting(s) to let the trees breathe. You don't have to go all fiddly with it as some might think one would with all the info in a tree when you analyze what's in them. But you can imply it through clever color mixing and maybe a step in value more than you're giving to it.

But as a study for a composition, it works great. Like they say, there's lots of depth and good color overall.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nicely done.