ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Landscape series #2 ...

Landscape series #2 ...

... Autumn mountain mists, in the ancient Chinese style, an experiment in chalk and crayon, representing ink, on iPhone Fine paper, post-work involved magnification to approximate the effects of time on silk ... this image has been designed to be purely virtual ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 05-18-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Hi. P ete. Sorry was up late was in China. Liked the bloke with Sissor's mind boggling

Wasn't sure where I was. As my Chinese is not so good thought

It cauld be. Peeking. Or. Bieging. But they made sure I was kept away. From the. Wall

Somebody had told them. I. Was a stone. Pincher. It's a hard. Life. .......Slainte

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    ...Liked the bloke with Sissor's mind boggling
    Wasn't sure where I was. As my Chinese is not so good
    haha, that subway is really noisy, a bus is quieter I guess

At the very beginning of the video, he's talking about the paper cut-out he's working on, "It's not so simple, all of the wrinkles on the face have to be cut out"
    Last edited by chinapete; 05-18-2012 at 11:57 PM.
    Artrage Gallery

I see what the image evocates according to Your words.
    You thus inspired me for this relaxing exercise more along the Tang dinasty style though ...
    Seriously here I used the ink pen as an alternative and to feel more in line with that tradition.
    Unfortunately my chinese ideogram calligraphy isn't good enough to write a text too ...
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-19-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

In the history of Chinese landscape painting, content and style were freely copied, and often the copyist had never seen the original, and worked from a copy or a verbal description of the original ... Sometimes the copyist deliberately changed important details in the original, maybe to emphasize a new style, or to reinterpret the older work for a new generation ... Here I play with that theme, contrasting my original with a "copy" that preserves recognizable elements of the original, but done in a different style ...
    Artrage Gallery

Caesar, I guess you were posting at the same time I was, that's exactly what the Chinese would have done with the "original" ...
    Artrage Gallery

LOL I reminded that actually that was the case, from the memories I wrote when I first travelled in China (Kathai) with my fellow countryman Marco Polo and his father, although it was a later dinasty and the emperor was a Mongolian, Kubilai Khan ... No, actually I'm not that old.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!