Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hawaii Revised

Let's go Katie! Thank you!

Thanks so much Pat!

Geoff, Thank you very much!

Thank you dear Strandy, how kind of you. And thank you again for your help with the links!

Thank you dear Mike!

Haha D Akey, I am afraid I missed the ball again. Thanks for the good advice dear friend. You always make me work harder, and the end result is always rewarding. I will work on my lettering, and have already started on this very thing.
    As far as the stamp-what you do is upload it to the stamp template. Once approved by the postal service-it hits the market. It is a real stamp. Check out my link and the zazzle store. A great place for artists of all talents.
    You are a dear D Akey, again thanks so much!

Dear Sandra, You started another series which is long enough to take You busy most of the year I guess!
    It's a wonderful poster indeed, appropriate to the state You represent and very well executed.
    It looks like You have a precise model in mind for a lady, who is how You probably perceive Yourself (because she looks somehow alike). It will be fun to see how You'll decline her in any place with different colors and skins ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Really lovely dear Sandy you have established a super style
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

I think you are right you dear Cesare. I will be busy for a while. I think it is so much fun making these things in the mornings over a cup of coffee and the peace and quiet. As for the woman...I think I like your rendition best! I think right now if I drew myself I would be so pitiful in my shirt with paint drippings on it from painting the exterior of my house and my hair in a humorous ponytail with my tall glass of iced green tea with honey and ginseng with more work still to do. The only tattoos I have are spots of paint on my arms. Probably would be pretty scary in the dark!

Thank you dearest Amanda. I love your style too. I will upload the new one soon, so I hope you can check it out too.

Love the simple, yet delightful this painting radiates. Always dream of retiring to a beautiful island.
    Well done dear Alexandra.

It is a dream of mine as well Jasmine. I've always pictured such a paradise there.
    Thanks so much dear lady.

Hope all is going well with the Spanish lessons. In this country it would be a great thing to know. I hate only knowing one language, and need to do something about it. I am checking into this program that was advertised on Deviant Art. Seems so interesting-and it seems to be a great way to learn it.

Sandy...the whole idea of a set of stamps for each state is a big project and even if you never finish it gives you a goal and the fun of inventing designs.. I love the Hawaii and the comments from D Akey as always are excellent and can only help improve.. such a wonderful start I can't wait to see these as you progress...

I am working on Oregon right now Gary-and looking forward to this project.
    Not only is it a fun project, but a lot of learning there as I research each state.
    Thanks so much for checking it out, and your kind comment!

Nicely done Sandy.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Great improvement, wouldn't you say, Alexandra? I really love the flowers added to the right, it being a lush place rather than a desert kind of climate. And the type has a lot more presence. Well done. Were you plotting this before painting, I would think you would not have quite so much overlap of the type with flowers, but it's a good solution, and certainly the right direction.

Brava!!! Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall. . . er. . . 48 stamps appear on the wall. . . no, that ain't quite right either. . . only 48 to GO GO a-Go-GO GOOOOOooooooo-o-o-o-o-o Girl!!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream