ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Layer Blending modes

Layer Blending modes

Are there any tutorials demonstrating the use and effects of layer blending modes?

There are many on the web.
    If you google 'photoshop hardlight' you'll find explanations and tutorials aplenty.

The layer blend modes are the same as Photoshops.
    Tint, Highlight and Shadow are just renamed from Multiply, Softlight and Linear Burn.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thanks Andy. I am not au fait with Photoshop at all. It sits in my computer and is used by my son for photography! I was wondering if there were examples of layer blending work with ArtRage?

This is pretty cool how these layering modes are similar to Photoshop's: helps with ease of use. I'm curious, did Adobe provide the code behind these layering modes or are they a more commonly-shared thing in graphics software?

Many of them are documented (in a liberal interpretation of the word 'documented'!) by other software developers on computer graphics sites. The others I worked out by trial and error.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Ah! Thx Andy, I gotta say it's *really* cool... helps with familiarity across programs, and increases the possibilities of really lush effects through such complex layering too (something which I'm accustomed to!).