ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paint it Your way (one reference, many styles and interpretations)

Lightbulb Paint it Your way (one reference, many styles and interpretations)

I provide here a reference picture and what I did based on it some time ago.
    I think it could be an interesting and challenging self-trial for each one willing to try too, whatever the style, including abstract or fauve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VistaGenova.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	487.6 KB 
ID:	66937  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-15-2012 at 01:22 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

If I supply an email to you can you send me the full size picture so I can do it a little larger than the bitmap will allow me to save it as?

Unfortunately I don't have a larger picture. Convert it to jpeg (with PS CS4 for instance) and enlarge the size. Also Windows Picture Manager's ok for it.

I just realized that You may save it wherever You like as a JPEG (not a BMP) after using the right button on it. A JPEG may be reasonably scaled up because is a vectorial image.
    Last edited by Caesar; 05-15-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Dear Caesar

Here's my version. Great challenge, thanks! Good memories too. The last time i was in Genova was in 1962! and I bought several beautiful silk scarves in a shop down by the wharves. I still have one :-)

In peace

Brett

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	genova.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	170.6 KB 
ID:	66952
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Dear Brett, You ended up with a great artpiece in Your most wonderful stile which reminds me of both contemporary art and of a few masters of comics and illustration.
    Moreover, if You were in Genoa in '62, when I was only three, there's the serious risk that You may be even older than me and You still paint with a freshness and spontaneity of a kid!
    Thank You and congratulations.

Laugh! Yes I am am old man. I am seventy two! But painting is new to me, so maybe that's why it seems fresh to you. Thank you. I used to go to Italy a lot when I was young. I loved the Levantine coast. I used to hang out in Marina di Pietrasanta. It was just a very small town back then. Good beer, great food, and very pretty girls :-)

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

That's lovely, Brett. Vibrant and colourful but with a serenity to it also.

Stunning beauty Brett! An amazing art piece. Just gorgeous. You really made it your own!

Cesare, what a great idea for an art project. Your art piece is brilliant and amazing to begin with. I think I may have missed it previously... So glad you brought it out again because it is a true beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    Stunning beauty Brett! An amazing art piece. Just gorgeous. You really made it your own!
    Thanks Screenpainter. That's very generous of you.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========